A Somewhat Disappointing Silver Lining

I've recently had to return to the home nest to save money at the cost of my social life.  This, of course, is a frequent source of frustration.

On a whim, I called about a "For Rent" sign I passed on my way to work the other day.  I was shocked to discover an alarmingly low price for the downtown property.  Regardless, the "alarmingly low price" was still a bit out of my reach.

All weekend I've been scheming of ways to bring into my grasp, but nothing really struck me as feasible.  I had pretty much resigned myself to disappointment, but I was still going to take a look at the place.  You never know right?

It was crap.  It was complete and utter crap.  The trailer I lived in previously was in better condition than this place.  I couldn't have squeezed an ounce of class out of that place.  Funny thing is though, I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten more mad props for a crappy downtown apartment than I ever got for a bright, airy trailer.

So, in the end, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything particularly great due to being poverty stricken.

How's that for a silver lining?

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram