Oh! Nola Darling and Excuses That Howl

I almost entitled this one "Pieces of You," but realized it hardly reflects what I mean to say.

Those who know me are well aware that I'm the farthest thing from a romantic.  I am pragmatic, sensible, and often over-analytic.  I'm a lover, not a fighter.  Meaning, I'll love you then I'll walk away when it looks like I might have to fight to keep you.  (I'm not saying I won't make your life hell before I walk away, but that's not hard for me.  I do it all day for a living.)

On a side note, it has been noted that my rear view is rather nice.  (For a bitch that is.)

Ultimately what it comes down to is that I learn quickly.  I've watched and I've experienced and I'm jealous of the life men live.  I keep a can of Axe on hand because I love the way it smells.  If I like how it smells, why should I wait for a man to come close enough to share the experience with me?  I should just wear it when the mood strikes me.

Of course, I often find myself explaining why I wear men's body spray along with why I keep a stock of condoms on hand.  (Yes, I always have at least one in my purse, but I'm going to use yours before I waste all of mine.)  I think I explain those facts to men and women alike more often than I defend my lack of religion.  I don't see why I should be ashamed.  I know what I am worth to me and I know what I am worth to you.  What I am worth to me is certainly greater than what I am worth to anyone else.

Only pieces of me are worth anything to you and only pieces of you are worth something to me, but we all need wholes.  However, doughnuts are delicious with holes in the middle.  They are perfect missing that piece.  If the piece in the middle were not missing, there would be too much fluff and not enough exterior.  On it's own, the doughnut hole is pretty good too.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I don't feel like a criminal eating a whole doughnut and having the hole too.

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram